WSET Level 2 Award in Wines
Who is the course aimed at?
A beginner to intermediate qualification exploring wines.
– Front line staff working in the wine or hospitality industry.
– Wine consumers interested in learning more.
Topics covered in the course include:
– How wine is made
– What factors influence wine style
– The key grape varieties
– The important wine producing regions of the world
– Label terminology
– Food and wine pairing principles
– How to describe wine using the WSET Level 2 systematic approach to tasting (approx 18 wines to taste)
How long is the course?
– Three full days or six evening sessions.
– At the end of the course there is an official closed book examination (50 multiple choice questions).
When can I study?
This course is split into three full days:
– Tuesday 16th April, 9:30am – 4:30pm + Tuesday 23rd April, 9:30am – 4:30pm + Tuesday 30th April, 9:30am – 4:30pm
– £510 – this includes a study guide, wine samples, tuition, examination and certificate.
The course also includes tea & coffee throughout the day and a working lunch.
Please contact our resident course tutors, Ashley or Steve, on 01832 273502 to ask any questions or to sign up over the phone.